Craig Brenner: Exploring the Jazzy Side of Blues & Boogie Woogie Piano
"Craig Brenner is a fine and funky pianist..." - Living Blues Magazine
Craig is a blues, boogie woogie, and jazz pianist, composer, teacher, and recipient of numerous arts grants. Craig leads Craig Brenner & The Crawdads, is a member of The Ragin' Texans, and has recorded seven albums. He is the founder of Bloomington Boogies: The Bloomington Blues & Boogie Woogie Piano Festival.
- Jazz historian and journalist Scott Yanow reviewed Passages in Los Angeles Jazz Scene, saying Craig is "a fine pianist," "Spring Is Near" is "a swinging and joyful original," and commenting about the entire album, "the quality is consistently high and the results are enjoyable."
- Journalist Mike Leonard reviewed Passages in the The Ryder Magazine.
- Crossroads Blues Society President Steve Jones reviews the album in Blues Blast Magazine: "This is really good stuff with an eclectic mix of styles and genres to enjoy. I highly recommend checking him out!"
- Read George Fish's review on "Politically Incorrect Leftist", which concludes "the whole thing fits nicely the Beatles' famous words on "Sgt. Pepper's..." 'a splendid time is guaranteed for all!' "
Passages is available at a reduced price at Landlocked Music. CDs, vinyl albums, and downloads are also available here. See more reviews at Music - then scroll down for reviews. Listen to "Looking for a Job," produced by Nate Brenner on Passages. The album was made in part thanks to the Indiana Arts Commission, which receives support from the State of Indiana and the National Endowment for the Arts. For more information about Passages and about the grant, click on News. Read an article about the grant and Passages by Connie Shakalis in the Aug. 23, 2020 Herald-Times.
Due to COVID-19, musicians no longer perform in concert regularly, eliminating our primary means of support. You can make a donation here.
Click below for information about
- Craig Brenner Boogie woogie, blues, jazz, stride, New Orleans, and barrelhouse piano
- Read a review of Craig's CD, Live At The Old Mint: Blues & Boogie Woogie Piano
- Craig & The Crawdads Foot-stompin' New Orleans R&B, Zydeco, blues, jazz, and swing
- Listen to Craig & The Crawdads play Craig's "Backstage Boogie"
- Craig & Lori Cocktail jazz, blues, swing, torch songs, and boogie woogie
- Bloomington Boogies: The Bloomington Blues & Boogie Woogie Piano Festival
- Free sheet music for "Nathaniel"
- Free sheet music for "The Crawdad Shuffle"